Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work as a sanitation worker in a cold environment. Today I

Customer Question
Hello I work as a...
Hello I work as a sanitation worker in a cold environment. Today I asked my hand in between a stainless steel cart and railing. My hand swelled and bruised instantly I asked for an ice pack and they don't have any first aid kits. Plus they don't supply us with gloves my hand is still bruised and swollen is any of the his illegal I'm pretty upset and sore
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/20/2015
Employment Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Fair enough?

ANSWER ​ - I am sorry to hear about your accident at work.. In Answer to your question, employers, including yours, are not required to have first aid kits around the workplace, it would be a good idea if they had them around because it would prevent a bad situation from getting worse. Neither is an employer required to supply its employees with work gloves. However, if you are a member of a union, it would be a good idea if you told your union or union representative to make these demands the very next time it met with employers. In the meantime, if the injury to your hand prevents you from working, you should take some sick days and go to the doctor to have your hand looked at before it gets worse. ​​​

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating. It will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating, but that is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer