How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57680
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 'm 66 years old I work in Flint Mi. yrs-11 months. I

Customer Question

I 'm 66 years old I work for GM in Flint Mi. for 9 yrs-11 months. I called up to Flint Center ,that where I work they stated that they didn't have any record that I would be getting an pension from them. I called the union hall which is local uaw 659 in Flint. They stated that I would be at 65.Could you please tell me if I should continue trying to get a pension?
Thank You
James Ray
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

do you have anything in writing as to amount of right to pension?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I would follow with HR if you believe entitled to a pension and let them dig into it. Consider having a lawyer pursue on commission so you have no down side. A third option is asking the labor department to review it. If unionized, can ask the union rep to pursue it further including its legal department.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Very welcome. Kindly click on a good rating.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good luck

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

if I can clarify anything of course ask, but otherwise please click on a good or excellent rating.