Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am under an HR investigation. I lied during the interview

Customer Question
last Thursday. I don't know...
I am under an HR investigation. I lied during the interview last Thursday. I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2015
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. What are you being investigated for? What did you lie about and what is your concern?

I allowed a co-worker to copy my parking paddle, the co-worker then made a fake one and used it to park in the parking ramp for free. I denied giving it to her. I suspect our versions of the events don't match. Terrified of being fired.

Thank you for the additional information. If you did something that was against company policy and illegal, then there would be legal grounds to terminate you. Even if you told the truth, it would still be at the discretion of your employer, to keep you or fire you. Obviously, if they speak with your co-worker and the stories do not check out, then they may terminate both of you, since you were both involved with this. Of course, if you are concerned, it is at your discretion to speak with them on Monday and tell them the truth, if you think it may help you keep your job but there is no guarantee of that either.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney