Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If someone is placed on a 30 day improvement plan a sales

Customer Question
If someone is placed on...
If someone is placed on a 30 day improvement plan for missing a sales goal by $1700 but two employees are given bonuses and did not met the same goal, is there merit in this claim?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/16/2015
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I am not sure all your post came through as this is what I see:

.

""If someone is placed on a 30 day improvement plan for missing a sales goal by $1700 but two employees are given bonuses and did not met the same goal, is there merit in this claim?""

.

.

Is there merit to what claim?

.

Is there some type of discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, etc. going on here that you have evidence of?

.

.

thanks

A claim of unequal treatment amongst employees.
I am not aware of discrimination based on race religion, etc.

Ok, while it may be unfair, unless you can tie this to some type of unlawful discriminatory reason like race, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetics, age or sex, then there is no law that says all employees have to be treated equally or held to the same standards.

.

If you can tie it to an unlawful discriminatory reason, you could file a formal complaint for discrimination with the EEOC and ask them to investigate the matter to see if they can find evidence of discrimination. The EEOC will investigate the complaint and if they determine a violation has occurred, they will issue a "right to sue" letter that basically says that they have found probable cause to believe that you have been discriminated against. Then you can contact an employment law attorney about filing suit against the company if they do not address it and remedy the problem.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer