How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to be separated from my current employer (who

Customer Question

I am going to be separated from my current employer (who aggressively recruited me 5 months ago) over lack of cultural fit. Should I ask for a mutual separation or a PIP (the latter to get more severance pay)_?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking. Has your employer already agreed to pay severance? Also, "PIP" usually stands for "performance improvement plan." Why would you ask for a PIP and why do you think it would improve the amount of severance pay?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.