Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

What can I do about racial or discrimination pertaining to

Customer Question
What can I do about...
What can I do about racial or sexual discrimination pertaining to promotions at work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/13/2015
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 2 years ago
John, Employment Lawyer

You should file a charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (the EEOC). The EEOC would investigate the workplace at no charge to you and make a determination of whether discrimination occurred. If the EEOC finds discrimination ,they attempt to work out a resolution or, if a resolution cannot be reached,they'll either sue the employer or allow you to sue them in federal court.Lastly, your employer cannot legally discipline or discharge you for filing with the EEOC. If this sounds like something you're interested in, you can learn how and where to file a charge with them here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Employment Lawyer