How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118253
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went out on disability in 1998 after working years.Now

Customer Question

I went out on disability in 1998 after working for ABB for 27 years.Now they are saying they paid me my pension in 1998.I did not receive any money.what do I do to get my pension
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you never received any lump sum payment when you left the employer, then you are going to need to now try to file a complaint with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Board ( If they cannot assist in locating what happened to that pension fund in your name, then you would need a local ERISA attorney (Employee Retirement Income Security Act), because they would have to sue the employer for recovery of your pension, since you should not have simply lost any pension rights when you worked there long enough to be vested under the law in the pension.