Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I need to know if my boss violated my religious rights

Customer Question
during a screaming session he...
I need to know if my boss violated my religious rights during a screaming session he had with me where he forcefully used the GD work and I asked him to please not say that because it offended me and he looked me in the face and deliberately said, "GD, GD, GD" when I said that he needed Jesus, he then looked me in the face and said, "F*%@# *****", I asked him to apologize and he did not
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/5/2015
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unfortunately, at this time, there is nothing that is going to prevent anyone from using the Lord's name in vain. It would not be considered a religious infringement. Or any type of religious discrimination.

And when you are speaking of religious rights - I suggest you are referring to religious accommodations.

A reasonable accommodation is one that eliminates the employee's conflict between his religious practices and work requirements and that does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.

But unfortunately, there are no laws that say an employer cannot use profanity and in the process the curse the Lord's name.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law