Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Does an employer have the right to request to meet with and

Customer Question
with two other HR personmel...
Does an employer have the right to request to meet with and with two other HR personmel to discuss your position and responsibilities. Can the employee also ask to have a colleague or a lawyer present in the meeting?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/4/2015
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Generally, it is up to company policy. And with "administrative" hearings of this nature, generally the answer is no you do not have those rights.

If you want to give me your state of employment, I can review those statutes to see if there is anything more specific than it would have to be policy of the employer.

Thanks. I am Director of Publications, Washington DC. Can I request that one of my colleagues be present?

Thank you.

I suggest there are no laws in the District of Columbia mandating the employer allow you to have a colleague or other witness present during an administrative hearing with the employer. This would be up to company policy. And if they have allowed in the past, then they would need to allow it with all employees

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law