Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I've been at a job years, I have hour restrictions. I put a

Customer Question
I've been at a job...
I've been at a job for ten years, I have hour restrictions. I put a bid in for a new job can they tell me I can't have it because of the hour restrictions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/1/2015
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 2 years ago
John, Employment Lawyer

If hours beyond your restrictions are an essential function of the job, and you cannot work those hours, there is no accommodation they can make for you that would allow you to work that job. Thus, yes they could legally prohibit you from transferring. However, if the hours are not essential to the position, then no they cannot. We would need to see a job description etc. to know if the hours requirement is an essential function of the position.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require furtherassistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Employment Lawyer