How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Working as a sub contractor at a business and check that I

Customer Question

Working as a sub contractor at a business***@******.*** and check that I was paid bounced what are my legal rights to collect what is owed to me since I was refused payment after check bounced
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest, you need to write them a letter and state the check has bounced. Make a copy of front and back or of any proof you have the check bounced. Tell them they have 5 days from receipt of the letter to make it good, plus any service fees your bank charged you for processing fees.

State that if they do not make it good in those five days, you will file a small claims lawsuit to recoup the money.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Also state that you will seek interest, as well as any all fees to the bank as well ask the court to order them to pay your fees associated with filing the suit.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Mail that certified with a return receipt requested. And if you do not get satisfaction in those 5 days, file the lawsuit. You can do that on your own, without a local attorney, by getting the forms from the clerk of the court in the county where they are located.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Related Employment Law Questions