Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Working as a sub contractor at a business and check that I

Customer Question
Working as a sub contractor...
Working as a sub contractor at a business***@******.*** and check that I was paid bounced what are my legal rights to collect what is owed to me since I was refused payment after check bounced
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
9/28/2015
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest, you need to write them a letter and state the check has bounced. Make a copy of front and back or of any proof you have the check bounced. Tell them they have 5 days from receipt of the letter to make it good, plus any service fees your bank charged you for processing fees.

State that if they do not make it good in those five days, you will file a small claims lawsuit to recoup the money.

Also state that you will seek interest, as well as any all fees to the bank as well ask the court to order them to pay your fees associated with filing the suit.

Mail that certified with a return receipt requested. And if you do not get satisfaction in those 5 days, file the lawsuit. You can do that on your own, without a local attorney, by getting the forms from the clerk of the court in the county where they are located.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law