Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My wife is a school teacher and returned to work with a note

Customer Question
Hi my wife is a...
Hi my wife is a school teacher and returned to work with a note from her doctor. She applied for a supplemental position after school and her principal told the person that got the job that she is unable to keep the position because of heath reasons. Is this a Hippa Violation
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
9/23/2015
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Although this would not qualify as a HIPAA violation since this is not a medical provider who shared the information. However, it would be a tort of invasion of privacy. The truth is that there is no cause of action for individuals who are victims of HIPAA violations anyway since the consequences in the Act only involve Government actions, but there is a private cause of action for invasion of privacy.

Your wife can, if she chooses, sit down with a local trial attorney (personal injury) who handles non-physical injury torts, to discuss whether or not the attorney believes it would be worthwhile to file suit.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if none needed. If not, please take a moment to leave positive feed back in the box above so that I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 23rd. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case, I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer