How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19182
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The company I work works employees and its a unionized

Customer Question

The company I work for over works employees and its a unionized company. They do not stick to the union contract. What can be done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You have to first file a union grievance so that you can have all administrative remedies attempt first. This is a requirement before you take any other action....well, not a requirement, but it makes the case so much stronger that you really shouldn't do anything before completing the union grievance process.

Once that is completed, if there is no satisfaction, you have only one choice. You have to hire a local attorney to sue in state court for breach of contract. Your collective bargaining agreement is a contract with you (and everyone else) and you can sue individually for a breach of that agreement.