wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

My wage is being withheld by my employer. Checked NY State

Customer Question

my wage is being withheld by my employer. Checked NY State Department of Labor and found the "Claim for Unpaid Wages" form (LS-223). However, it states that:
"Section 190.7 of the New York State Labor Law excludes from wage payment coverage those persons in an administrative, executive or professional capacity whose earnings exceed $900 gross per week"
My earning would exceed $900 per week. Can I still use this form to claim unpaid wages. What are my options?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 2 years ago.

Your income would be higher than the amount as per the ny dol, however, you should file a complaint, and often times they will record the complaint, and try to settle with the employer, your best option, is to bring a wage lawsuit against the employer, as soon as possible, and ask for interest and punitive damages, this is the course of action in NY