How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JackJD Your Own Question
JackJD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 535
Experience:  I've been in practice 30+ years, concentrating on employment law for 15 years. I enjoy helping people.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JackJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an employer. My employees work around heavy equipment

Customer Question

I am an employer. My employees work around heavy equipment on the shipping docks.
Many work while taking medically prescribed drugs. Do I have the right to ask the employee to get a statement from his prescribing MD that the employee is safe to work in these dangerous environments while taking (under the influence) of the prescribed drug?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  JackJD replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can answer your question.

Yes, you can and should ask for such a statement. You should supply the doctor with a description of what the job consists of and what is the exposure to the equipment. (Ideally, you will already have such a job description; if not, you should prepare one.)

Have I adequately answered your question? If so, please rate the answer on the buttons below.