Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Need help I work hospital in Chicago, currently they not

Customer Question
hello need help I work...
hello need help I work for a hospital in downtown Chicago, currently they not allowed Me to come to work. They say I cannot return until I call a Employee assistance Program phone number. its a number for drug and alcohol dependency (witch I do not have) I was told to leave because I questioned their volition of labor laws and patient safety issues I've tried calling but the lines are dead expect one that ask for a code,(which I don't have) I now think there trying to claim job abandonment. Iv contacted HR directly but they keep redirecting me. My Director verbally stated on the phone.September 9,2015 my official status was on leave. Rush HR has told me I am currently not on leave.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2015
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not understand your specific question.

Can you tell me, what is your question regarding this? Are you asking if you can collect unemployment if they fire you?

No, I asking for more options then getting fired I have a clean record

Thanks...would it help to chat on the phone?

P. Simmons, Lawyer