How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118210
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was unjustly terminated from my masters program in social

Customer Question

I was unjustly terminated from my masters program in social work from barry university in miami fl
My Didatic Gpa was 3.58
my clinical externship was were i was terminated due to unstainuated allegations.
I need to either force the university to allow me to finish my externship program or not owe the 30k in student loan that the program cost
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did the university provide you the remedies as outlined in their student handbook or rules for appeals?

Due process is a concept that is for cases against the government, not against a private institution, so that is why I need to know if they followed their rules for appeals?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
According to the University I was given due process, but I feel I was not given due process
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If the university followed their appeals process and you have been denied, then your only remaining recourse is filing suit in court for breach of contract and to seek to vacate their administrative decision based on it being obtained by fraud. This means you have to bring in witnesses and evidence to court to show that the grounds they used for removal from the program were false and/or that they did not follow the proper process set forth in their rules to remove you from the university.

This means you will need to hire a local attorney to represent you and file your suit in the court to get the process started and you need to get your witnesses together to show that the reason the school used to eject you were not factual to overcome the school's administrative decision.

That is your sole remaining recourse based on the information you have provided us.