Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I have been employed same municipality years, Small dept. of

Customer Question

I have been employed for the same municipality for 21 years, Small dept. of 5 men plus me the (1) woman, I just turned 66. My supervisor has been taking my water operators' duties away from me since 2012. I did go to a lawyer in 2012 explaining this. At that time I was told nothing could be done due to the fact he had treated other guys in the same manner. Within the last two years 2 new men have been hired. They have taken over my work. Now what chance do you think I would have for a case against my supervisor, It has gone on for too long a time.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have a case where you are being targeted/discriminated against due to age or gender. That appears the case here. Often it is circumstantial as it is here. It can often be pursued without suing by having local employment counsel get involved and negotiate, and for which martindale.com is a great resource. Kindly rate me positively, and let me know if I can further clarify anything. Glad to.