Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My re date was 2-6-15. My probation period ended 8-6-15. I

Customer Question

My hire date was 2-6-15. My probation period ended 8-6-15. I received notice (verbal and hard copy) on 9-4-15 stating "Due to poor work performance, as outlined in the attached Employee Performance Evaluation, we are terminating your probationary status and will not be continuing your employment. . They are telling me because I didn't make it through my probation period I will not be paid for the vacation and sick leave time I earned in the 7 months of employment. But, they will pay the 6.27 hours of comp time I earned.
On my evaluation they rated me 5-commendable, 13-proficient, and 14-marginal. I am not wanting to appeal to get my job back, as there was no training, and only one meeting where discussions of my progress were discussed. I was NEVER told I was not performing to the expected standard, or even performing poorly. I do, however, feel that I SHOULD be able to file for unemployment, and also be paid for the vacation and sick time I have earned. Please advise me on how to move forward. Thank you in advance.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

In what state are you located?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.