Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I recently have been called in to the HR management office

Customer Question

I recently have been called in to the HR management office after work hours to discuss an issue she said would only take 5 minutes. After about 15 minutes, I had to leave due to off work obligations. She immediately followed me and started screaming at me, "where are you going?" "are you quitting", "are you resigning"...making a scene and bullying me. I left the workplace as my workday was over. Her comments came out of nowhere..and now all employees are gossiping that I will be fired soon. I live in NJ.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I went to the owner to inform him of what took place 2 days later..he simply ignored me and did not want to address it. He said we need to wait until his brother (other co-owner) comes back from vacation. He showed no regard for what happened and continues to not want to address the harassment. I am upper management and am left in limbo, as I cannot even document this misconduct due to the fact that it involved the HR Manager. She has done this before to me on several occasions..and it still continues. No one in ownership is even willing to discuss this bullying..as I actually have to call the meeting. They prefer her as she is an attractive woman, and continuously ignore me as she does as she pleases.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Please tell me what is the question and what information I can provide for you in this regard?

Do you feel you are being targeted because of discrimination such as your gender, age, religion, race, a disability or your national origin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel I am being targeted because of my race, as I am white and the company is 95% Hispanic. This HR manager is Hispanic and hires selectively 95% Hispanic people, most of whom are undocumented. Furthermore, I am gay, and this is widely known to management, and is the reason why they are bullying me without regard for the law. They do not agree with my lifestyle and actually have made fun of me in Spanish while I was in the same room with subordinates. I am constantly under duress and cannot work in peace because of this, it is unfair and abusive in nature.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

And I am sorry to hear you are being discriminated against. I suggest if you are not getting the In House satisfaction that you deserve, you should consider filing the EEOC complaint

The EEOC has also found that claims by lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals alleging sex-stereotyping state a sex discrimination claim under Title VII. See Veretto v. U.S. Postal Service, EEOC Appeal No.(###) ###-####(July 1, 2011) And so if you file the Complaint, the EEOC will investigate and if they find Discrimination could suggest mediation OR file a lawsuit on your behalf OR issue you a Notice of Right to Sue and you can get a local attorney to represent you

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you