Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

En, I'm currently being investigated of corporate credit

Customer Question

Hi Allen, I'm currently being investigated for misuse of corporate credit card for personal use. I've participated in the first hr interview. It is important to note that I am starting a new job in 2 months. While I have what I believe to be proof that my expenses were business expenses there are some grey areas up for interpretation. Additionally, I've used the card for personal expenses but have proof that I paid back with my own funds. I currently work for a major bank in a corporate role for over 7 years with no record of misconduct. What are my options to avoid getting fired and risk of litigation. The amount in question is $7,000+/- over the course of a year. I have been cooperating and providing proof of my claims but given grey areas I don't want to risk getting fired or deal with the stress of this investigation if I will be starting a new job shortly. Please kindly advise.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

I see that you've posted this question to me now twice. I left it open for others to consider, but no one responded. The issue is that your question is simply not specific enough. What do you want to know? It seems you want to be advised on how to avoid any sort of investigation stress or getting fired.

I'm afraid that there is no reasonable way to make sure of that. Evening paying back the entirety of the funds that you considered to be a gray area would not legally stop them from investigating what they may believe to be a criminal act or civil wrong to them.