How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116754
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

XXXXXX. I live in Newberry Mi. in the U.P. I worked MDOC 17

Customer Question

My name is***** live in Newberry Mi. in the U.P. I worked for the MDOC for almost 17 yrs. I was dianosed in 2002 with several depression. I have been fighting this since that time. I have had 2 psychiatrist 1 from being in a mental instituion in Kinross Mi Doc Sorgi and 1 in Petoskey Mi Doc XXXXXX who has been seeing me for many years. And also my family doc in petoskey Doc. Ismond. They all have been trying to get me to retire from corrections because I can no longer emotionally handle the job. Doc. XXXXXXX and Doc XXXXXX both took me off work permently from my ocupation. I applied for Non- Duty retirement and the states IME'S who have never met me said my condition was not life long. Il have history and I will always be on some type of meds. How can an state IME who has never seen me tell me that my condition is not perminet and they changed the law to their advantage. I will never step inside a prison again I am scared and paranoid and do not fell safe any longer. I asked for a job just before i went off on 1 yrs leave of absence and I was told that I would have to go threw the hireing proscess again being a state employee already. I need help to get my benefits from the state. I finally resigned in Jan. 5th of 2014. Is there anyway I can get my benefits back. I feel I have ben discriminated against because of mental condition. Is there anyone out there who is willing to take the state on? I have all my mental records or can get them from 2002. I have history. Sincerely ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like.