How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12396
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a littie complicated im a nm truck driver went to

Customer Question

this is a littie complicated im a nm truck driver went to wotk for c & c transports 4/17/15 any way I was fixin to file disciminatiom because im just as good as any if not better than any of the men being a woman in the oilfield I have to be b etter started out fine then I get less & less hours I ask why im aiway s ready this last momth ive got mabee 160 hours all the guys have got about 400 im behind on all my bills also my assigned tf**k was in shop I was using a loaner they hired 5 new drivers gave my truck away with all my stuff in it with out even asking me ive been pulled for random drug testing twice the last time the instant spice tested posistive till it came back fromlab neitive owner still wanted me to sighn a paper saying I teste positive I wouldn't do it I worked from 3 am 8 /2915 till 5 pm on my home was told to go to another job & work all night I did at 6 am8/30 I fell asleep 7 rolled truck they took me to hospital in Carlsbad no major damage just sore all over they brought their own person with her own drug test it showed I tested pios for 4 different drugsi don't do drugs havnt for at least 4 years I don't want to be where im not wanted but this is rediculess what o I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

What you describe could be gender discrimination, which is illegal. Generally speaking, the first step in dealing with illegal discrimination is to file a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC is responsible for investigating illegal discrimination in the workplace. Once the EEOC investigates, it could agree that illegal discrimination took place, and attempt to work out a settlement with the employer. If the EEOC cannot work out a settlement, or if the EEOC does not find that there was illegal discrimination, then a person can request a right to sue letter, which gives her the right to sue her employer for violating the law. The EEOC's website explains how to file a charge. Please see here for guidance:

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.