socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Can I sue someone who misrepresents my affiliation,

Customer Question

Can I sue someone who misrepresents my affiliation, authorities, role and terms of employment? Whether it be the former co. and the individual who perpetrate the scheme for their benefit?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.

A person who makes a false and reputation-injuring statement of fact to a third party, about another person, is liable for defamation of character. If someone has misrepresented your credentials to others, and that misrepresentation has injured your reputation, then you can sue -- no doubt about it!

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!