How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56555
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a good friend who was waiting on a pension check from

Customer Question

Hello, I have a good friend who was waiting on a pension check from his former employer and they are delaying it for another 3 months because they say he didn't sign and send back an authorization form. He's looked through the packet they sent and they didn't send it. He's been on the phone and they've basically (rudely) said, sorry..nothing we can do. Does he have any legal recourse under ERISA or ? Dave
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

They must provide his pension. If there is a release form, demand it be resent promptly. If not, consider legal action. A lawyer letter or client letter threatening complaint to the labor board and state court action will normally prompt payment and accounting of balance held.