How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have worked utility company yrs. I admit that i am new to

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** worked for a utility company for 4 yrs. I admit that i am new to the industry and have had some shortcomings in performance. i have not had any major incidents until now in which i left a gas leak. I have been placed on indefinite suspension. My employment is being reviewed. i am wondering if the progressive discipline procedures have been followed.My union rep is handling the case. He has said several things eluding to termination,transfer to other department. what should i be asking him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What does your union contract actually state about the process you are going through? Your rights are completely dictated here under the terms of your union contract. Any rights you have in your employment are also dictated only under your union contract, not under the laws.

So what does your contract state about your situation?