How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57695
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work very large global company who changed the role of my

Customer Question

I work for a very large global company who changed the role of my position (and 100+ others) to where we have taken on more than double the responsibilities with the same load. I really believe we are now hourly employees under FSLA & qualify for overtime for the responsibilities we took over from non-exempt employees. I've been there 21 years & have never had a bad review and I'm a very responsible associate but I'm exhausted from the hours I put in even when I say I cannot take another client. I know there are others that would join me in standing up for our rights. I have seen more peers go on LOA due to stress or quit in the past year than I saw in the prior 20 all together. Is there any recourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

As a class or group a lawyer can leverage the above options and negotiate a settlement!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's all the advice you have? I really think I and my professional peers have a class action law suit
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

You have an actionable case. You may pursue by agency or court action. I suggest collecting evidence in chronological order and having counsel use to negotiate first. Class can be formed on filing a lawsuit and recover legal fees.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry. I don't think I understood how this works. I already pay monthly for legal assistance so I guess I should go through that service. It looks like I have to pay even more to talk to someone. I apologize but I don't think this is going to work for my needs. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

This is a general information site. If you have legal service I house that is great! I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

Kindly click on a positive rating. thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had requested my service to be terminated after my 2nd question. Has that occurred?