How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118128
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having problems getting unemployment what do i need to do

Customer Question

having problems getting unemployment what do i need to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are living in GA and worked in Louisiana, you have to file what is called an interstate claim with GA unemployment division. An interstate claim is one that is filed in your state of residence and you provide them the information on where you worked. It is then up to GA unemployment to contact LA unemployment and arrange the payments which would come to you via the GA unemployment division (Interstate Claims, phone:(###) ###-####.