How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118669
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to bring some heavy trucks driver from my

Customer Question

I would like to bring some heavy trucks driver from my country Colombia, I have a company which was opened to work in construction business, nothing relate with outsourcing or employee agency. but I am interesting on bring a few employees and get all the legal paper work for them work's visa, and licences my question is do I need change my company purpose in order to become a employees agency or can I try to bring one person to hire him as a driver to work in a third company, what I mean is to rehired this person through my company, it this dial actually work I would be able to change the purpose of the company, but I need to know if all this is actually legal and correct.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, you do not need to change your company purpose in order to hire employees from outside of the US and apply for proper visas for them. You are not an employment agency if you are hiring employees to come work for you. If you are procuring employees for a third company who will be the actual employer, then what you would do in that situation is separate that business from your current business by forming an LLC with the secretary of state and that LLC would be the one who gets the employees from out of the US and places them with the US employer.

Your current company has the right to carry on all business that is legal in the US, specifically your construction business. But just because you are in the construction business with your company does not mean your construction company cannot conduct other legal business under the same corporation and it does not require you to change the purpose of your company.

Those are your options based on what you stated above.