How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My policy was cancelled due to an audit. I paid the premium

Customer Question

My policy was cancelled due to an audit. I paid the premium earlier the same day I had an employee get hurt. What can I do. The Insurance company is debating on if they will pay the claim. I asked my agent to reinstate my policy. They sent notice to the company. They required a no loss statement on our Company letterhead.. I used "ambiguous language" that they did not approve. I had also signed a no loss statement my agent had showing the date & time that premium was paid and the time of day we asked for reinstatement. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer,

I really would encourage you to retain an attorney here. While you can make a complaint with the OK Dept. of Insurance (here:, in my experience if you are in a dispute with the carrier over scope of coverage, filing a complaint with the state can often complicate (rather than facilitate) a resolution if you have to get counsel involved later.

(I know that customers don't come here to be told "go hire a lawyer" so I want to explain why I am giving you the advice). Your dispute with the carrier has a good chance of being resolved in your favor (you tendered the requested premium prior to the loss, the tender should act as an "acceptance" of their "offer" and thereby created a binding "contract" (all the elements are met for the policy to be binding).

I would hate for you to lose a decent shot at coverage by trying to save a few bucks on counsel. Hiring a civil litigation attorney early in the matter is probably your best option to get your coverage decision resolved favorably and quickly.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).