How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19176
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a Federal Governement employer be sued, reprisal and

Customer Question

Can a Federal Governement employer be sued for discrimination, reprisal and retaliation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, they can. It's not as easy as suing a private employer, because the government has immunity and have only released that immunity in very specific ways.

But yes, you can file a suit against the federal government for violation of your due process rights in employment, discrimination (based on race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use) or retaliation.

You must first complete the internal grievance process, because you have finish all administrative remedies before you can successfully file suit. You can do that through an internal EO complaint. Once that is done, if you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can then file a complaint through the federal torts claims act for the offenses.