Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am managing XX employees. One of the employee wrote a

Customer Question

I am managing XX employees. One of the employee wrote a letter against me which has false information about me and character defamation in a clear manner. That employee have also emailed the letter to other employee. My employer is not supporting me as he is the owner of the company and doesn't want to get involved. He is also not letting me hire HR because he says he cant afford it. What are my options?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me the general nature of this false statement, who it was sent to, and why you think this employee might have made a false statement about you? Also, are you saying that your company has no HR person? Who handles the HR function?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
First of all I do not want this post public so please make sure it stays confidential.
I am the Manager and HR as well.
One of the employee was taking more than 1 hour breaks. I informed him several times about the policy and finally issued disciplinary action. He wrote a letter about me to the owner of the company. He wrote false information that I have bad reputation in market which is not true I had to prove it to my boss as I am the board member of Area association. He claimed that I gossip about his pay rate which is not true and lastly he claimed that I was planning on changing his office and moving his desk in a closet of supplies. which is not true. Throughout the letter he mentioned my name in a very disrespectful manner trashing my character.
Thank you for your reply. This is a public forum, but once we are finished and you have rated my assistance, I can have customer service lock the question from public view. If that works for you, I still need to know what you think the motivation was for this employee to say these things about you. Do you think it is because you wrote them up or is there something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can we delete the question off of this forum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PLease lock the question and send me confirmation ASAP
No problem, I'll let customer service know that you want to close your question. I don't work for the Site, so I can't close it, but they will
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks!....how long would it take?
I don't know, since as I mentioned I don't work for the Site, but if it is still open you can contact them directly by going to the "contact us" link on your page.