Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
18572087

A person works city 20 years. new management comes in res

Customer Question

a person works for the city 20 years. new management comes in hires more employees. (Cronies) getting paid to work through lunch hours. management chooses to put the most senior highest paid employee on part time and also cut her wages from26.00 an hr to 15.00 an hour. As management keeps all new employees as full time workers. What legal rights does the person with 20years dedicated service to keep full time position? Should the new employees doing similar or same jobs be put on part time hours instead?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

In what state and municipality does the person work in? Is the person under contract or is that person 'at-will'? And just to be clear, this is not a union position, correct?