Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a postal carrier, I have a approved medical restriction

Customer Question

I am a postal carrier, I have a approved medical restriction on file, in march my supervisor forced me to take extra mail that put me over the 8 hour restriction, I had an approved 3996 by another supervisor, to pull off 30 min, she honored all the other mail carriers medical restriction, when she is fully aware of my disability.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your question?
Have you addressed your concerns with your supervisor's superior?
Why do you think your supervisor has singled you out for mistreatment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I bring a law suit against the postal manager that violated my civil and medical rights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had back surgery, have an implant for pain management , she continues to say I have under time , which is not the case you have base numbers for the route ie base parcels, computerized mail, cased magazines, accountable mail etc that go into the computer to give you a projected time line , the days in question I was clearly over, she has respected others medical limitations yet not mine ,
Thank you for the information.
I am presuming that you belong in a Union as a Postal Carrier and as such you must follow your Collective Bargaining Agreement's grievance process before you can file a lawsuit. You need to contact your Union Representative to grieve this issue for you before taking any further action in the case including going to your agency's EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Counsellor:
http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_employees/complaint_overview.cfm