Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I just started a new job in the first week of April this

Customer Question

I just started a new job in the first week of April this year. My manager lives in another city and I am supposed to travel there for part of the orientation. When I went there, she assigned me to a lady who lives about 30--40 miles away from the office to train me. The first day of training was in the office and this lady did not pay any attention to me but told me that she has a lot of task to do. Besides each time I want to watch her do her task so that I can learn from that she made it impossible for to follow.For example she moves her hand electrically very fast and round and round to prevent proper glimpse. I therefore requested for another trainer but my manager became very furious. She told me I have no right to request for another person. She went further to say that I should have known all those things before at the classroom training.She told me that the lady said I could bot even take care of my self. I was shocked and my heart was broken. I became very sick that day and had to call in the following day.
The next day was not better for she asked me to travel to the lady's, house for the training.
On my arrival to the lady,s, house at 8am as instructed, this lady sent her dog to attack me. The dog started chasing and barking at me. I was so scared and tensed. For the whole period I was there, this dog kept barking at me. All what she did was to call the dog's name when the dog then the dog barked louder . Not until we were about to go for a home visit, which was the reason for my coming there she asked the dog to enter the room and the dog obeyed.When I reported the incident to the manager she blamed me for the incident. She replied, why are you accusing her she did nothing wrong.
Again we reached where she would train me, she asked me to go and do the task j which she should train me. When I made the first mistake, rather than correcting me to learn from my mistake, she sent me back to the manager telling me that that was what she was instructed to do. When I told the manager, she blamed me again and said I was wrong. She went further and wrote me up and said she is going to put me on probation and if i do not improve, she will terminate my appointment.
She reported me to HR and HR called my attention. The manager latter assigned another person to train me who was was taking direction from the manager and no training was offered. Eventually she wrote me up again that I am not getting it after so many weeks of training. She sent me to HR anbd gave me a very bad evaluation while I was still in orientation. The rest of the employees hadit easy withtheir trainers actively involved. I finally finished the training.
The first week after my training she made sure I was given difficult and very hard tasks. Usually employees are supposed to complain when such happens because it can create problems.When the tasks were removed she became furious and made sure I had it back and then she sent some more knowing very well that no one can finish such tasks in so short of time.
I am depriving myself from food and sleep so that I can finish it because I do not want to loose my job. she cancelled my approved travel expense approval and instructed them to send it back to me for no genuine reason. The receipts she asked me to produce had been produced over and over very legitimate. Rental car reimbursement for travel for the orientation.
She calls me at random while I'm at work on facetime to see where I am and what I'm doing. She disrupt me when I want to to go for assignment and turn around and say that I am slow. I an 62 yeas old and she is 38.
Yesterday she called me and said that she she is taking me to HR because I am not getting it, Those I Was hired with are not treated this way and are not performing better than me.
What should I do before she fires me. My heart is already broken and I am emotionally tortured. She talks to me as if I am a goat. Very rude and arrogant. I have 30 years experience in my profession, and I studied up to Masters Level. She has five years experience and only associate degree yet I respect and appreciate her since she is my boss. The more I do this the more furious he becomes. If I ask her a question, she barks at me saying You should have known that. Please advice.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She left a message on my voice mail that she is taking me to HR again on Monday 10th of August. All my co- workers complain about her rudeness and arrogant attitude but she isn't dragging them to HR or evaluating them like she is doing to me. Their travel expenses etc were paid without any questions but she refused to approve mine for no justifiable reason.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the information and your question and I am sorry to read about your situation. I see that you requested a phone consultation, however, I, like most of the Legal Experts on this Site, do not offer that service because of our state Bar ethics rules. I would be glad to communicate with you in this forum as long as you need to to get your question answered. If you decide that will work for you, I will need to know what State you work in.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I work in TEXAS.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I could not see your answer. I only saw a question of what state I am.If you answer my current question, then we can go from there. Over 24 hours now no answer from any lawer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not interested in the phone conversation for now.