Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I have an approved youth football league in the State of

Customer Question

I have an approved youth football league in the State of Wisconsin and I would like to know what tax forms do I need to fill out so my employees can file their wages from the league. Also, is there a certain amount that an employee need to make in order
to file their wages from a job?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When is the deadline that an employee has to receive their forms by mail to file.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here is a great step by step there are several forms they must complete.A W-4 is for withholding it tells you how much to withhold.There is an I-9 which relates to them being legal to be in US and identification number.You are going to need an EIN number for you to pay employer taxes for the employee and your business.
Have new employees fill out
Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification and
Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, and
WT-4, Wisconsin Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate.
If your employees qualify for and want to receive advanced earned income credit payments,
they must give you a completed
Form W-5, Earned Income Credit Advanced Payment
Certificate.
It is advisable to set up a separate file for each employee
that holds these forms as well as any performance reviews, etc.
Employers must submit copies of all WT-4 forms filled out by new hires. The WT-4 must be sent to the Department of Workforce Development, New Hire Reporting,
P.O. Box 14431, Madison, WI###-##-#### ***** HireWT-4 forms may also be faxed toll free to Department of Workforce Development at 1-800-277
-8075or submitted on-line at www.dwd.state.wi.us/ui.
Enter the employee’s information from their W-4 and WT-4
into the payroll program or forward the information to your accountant for payroll purposes.
Wisconsin has some state forms here too for state taxes and employers/employees.
http://www.esadvisors.net/pdfs/WisconsinEmployerCheck.pdf
You would want these completed as soon as possible because it affects your payroll, the employee forms tell you how much to withhold here for state and federal taxes.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.