How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 33 year company veteran on a International Term

Customer Question

I am 33 year company veteran on a International Long Term Assignment, and receiving benefit compensation for housing, utilities, transportation, etc. I have been on assignment for 10+ months and the company has now discovered that they have been overpaying my housing allowance into my bi-weekly pay over the past 20 pay periods. This is an error in accounting form an international location in the Human Resources team responsible for global mobility. The company now wants me to return the money by reducing my pay for the next 10 pay periods to compensate for their error. I have accepted the job within my company, moved overseas, queried them about the exact net pay I would receive without a substantial answer, received my pay and established a budget and lifestyle to match. Now the pay will be reduced significantly through the end of the year. The amount to pay back is just under $17k USD over the 10 pay periods. Do I have any recourse to refuse repayment and maintain the current rate of pay?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is your contract governed by UK law?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ben, my contract is a USA based contract
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will have to transfer this to our U.S. law section so no need to reply in the meantime, someone will hopefully get back to you from there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ben
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
No problem

Related Employment Law Questions