How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Want to leave my job environment! My boss a dentist 72 doing

Customer Question

Want to leave my job environment! My boss a dentist 72 doing procedures on wrong teeth not there mentally! Front office mother and daughter and the daughter has 2 children 6 and 1 in the office states she can't afford daycare! Now we have babygate to climb over which I have tripped over too many times! Its loud with the children! And I have injuries I shouldn't have to mop front office for a baby in dental office! I never know each week how my boss is going to be sometimes He is napping in the back while we have patients! His 72 with three small children and wife is missing since march he was last one to see her!! I sm on anxiety meds 2 kinds and my Dr has told me everything I have had is stress related maybe time to leave! I had to walk to back of office to take a breather! Anxiety attack! And my body is hurting from standing in weird positions! He is stand up dentist I think my anxiety is from this place I'm okay on weekends until Sunday night! I'm afraid to leave don't think I can get unemployment! While looking for new employment! Frustrated and confused!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 years ago.

It is very unfortunate that you have to work under such conditions. The employer appears to be causing you much stress. If you leave, it would be an uphill battle to receive unemployment benefits. Perhaps considering filing a workers compensation case or work-related stress may be a good choice. A workers comp case will pay benefits for work-related injuries including mental injuries. Here is a link o a firm in Oregon representing injured workers:

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Related Employment Law Questions