How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employment was terminated as a result of substandard

Customer Question

My employment was terminated as a result of substandard performance. "Although we understand you have performed to the best of your ability the overall results have not been sufficient to meet our customers nor MSI standards." I was never written up for
failing duties of my job. I did not receive any paper copies or anything to read or sign. A former co-worker and friend informed me that my job was divided into two positions to cover the Mid-West and Atlantic areas separately instead of being handled by one
person as I did. Is there any legal recourse that can be taken because of the fact that currently two people are completing tasks that I was solely responsible for previously? Nothing was ever mentioned about my age being 67, however, I was the oldest employee
at MSI.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
I am sorry to hear you have been fired from your job.

If you feel that they are only terminating you because of your age, I suggest you can file a complaint with the EEOC. See this link. The EEOC will then investigate your claims and if they find age discrimination to be the basis of your termination, they will issue you a Notice of Right to Sue. You can then locate a local attorney to consult with about filing a lawsuit.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you