How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12476
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was employed by Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and worked days before

Customer Question

I was employed by Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and worked for two days before becoming ill and unable to continue working. The job offer was withdrawn at that time but I was assured I would be paid for the two days I had worked. This was a month ago. I still have not been paid. How long do I have to wait?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
Idaho Stat. 45-606 provides that an employee is due their final earned wages by the earlier of the next regularly scheduled payday, or within 10 days of such separation from employment, not including weekends or holidays. As this deadline has passed, your employer would be in violation of the law.
Section 45-607 goes on to provide as follows:
"Whenever an employer fails to pay all wages then due an employee at the times due under section 45-606, Idaho Code, then the employee's wages shall continue at the same rate as if services had been rendered in the manner as last employed until paid in full or for fifteen (15) days, whichever is less. However, in no event can the maximum penalty exceed seven hundred fifty dollars ($750), and if the full amount of the wages are paid prior to the filing of a lien pursuant to section 45-620, Idaho Code, the maximum penalty shall not exceed five hundred dollars ($500)."
You can collect your wages and this penalty by filing a wage claim here:
I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.
Very best wishes.