Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

What are my friend's options if she has received a letter of suspension that is base

Customer Question
What are my friend's options...
What are my friend's options if she has received a letter of suspension that is based of misconduct that isn't listed in AR 690-700, Ch 751? She is a Federal employee.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/30/2015
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
She has the right to file an appeal with the government entity through the internal appeals process and if she belongs to one of the federal employee unions, she needs to approach them about assisting in her appeal. It is the burden of the military employer to prove claims against the employee to substantiate discipline for fraudulent conduct. There is an internal appeals process which she has to exhaust before she can then go to court if the appeals process does not reverse the suspension.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney