Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am an older professional women, well educated, financially

Customer Question
independent. I was "bullied" at...
I am an older professional women, well educated, financially independent. I was "bullied" at work and it has caused me depression, anger and humiliation. It is also causing me to lose my job and career. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/30/2015
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me a bit more about how you were bullied? Was it by coworkers or your supervisors / management? Do you know why you were being bullied that way? And to be clear, you have not actually signed any noncompete, correct?
yes, the daughter of one of the owners of the Company, would invade my privacy by reading my -mails, going through my office, would fabricate lies and tell her Mother (owner) malious lies and unfounded accusations of me mistreating our clients, as well as other outrageous things. I am never allowed to answer or explain anything in regards ***** ***** accusations made against me. I would just be reprimanded?? They would not even tell me why? Everyone believes her, because they are afraid not to. This is just a few things. It really has caused me serious depression and anxiety. If I leave, I will be giving up my benefits, retirement, and job security. What do I do?
Again, I am sorry to hear about that. So you don't feel that you were specifically targeted due to your race, age, religion, gender or disability?
Did you see my follow up question?
Tina, Lawyer