How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56831
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently april 5 I flew on my own dollars after being directly

Customer Question

Recently april 5 I flew on my own dollars after being directly lied to over the phone at least 3 times truck driving CDL-A lic. was told 3 wks on 1 wk off that turned out to be a total lie.
I was there 6 weeks no home time and only because I needed to transfer my lic. from Utah to New Mexico. They also promised me because I was a vet. that I only had to do 6 mnths and at the last second they changed it to 9 mths . Now after 3 mths of driving I was fired due to the fact that I was in possession of an alchohlic beverage not consuming but in possession. Now I found out they are coming after me for full compensation for my schooling plus banning me from obtaing another job with any other trucking company. I just feel this is illeagle after all the lies I was told. This could be confirmed by most drivers within the last 4 mths.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
what outcome are you seeking? have you considered having counsel reach out to negotiate a settlement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I was just trying to figure out course of action to protect my self my funds are very limited
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Kindly rate the answer positively.