Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Recently april 5 I flew on my own dollars after being directly

Customer Question

Recently april 5 I flew on my own dollars after being directly lied to over the phone at least 3 times truck driving CDL-A lic. was told 3 wks on 1 wk off that turned out to be a total lie.
I was there 6 weeks no home time and only because I needed to transfer my lic. from Utah to New Mexico. They also promised me because I was a vet. that I only had to do 6 mnths and at the last second they changed it to 9 mths . Now after 3 mths of driving I was fired due to the fact that I was in possession of an alchohlic beverage not consuming but in possession. Now I found out they are coming after me for full compensation for my schooling plus banning me from obtaing another job with any other trucking company. I just feel this is illeagle after all the lies I was told. This could be confirmed by most drivers within the last 4 mths.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
what outcome are you seeking? have you considered having counsel reach out to negotiate a settlement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I was just trying to figure out course of action to protect my self my funds are very limited
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Kindly rate the answer positively.