How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56560
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was escorting an over dimensional load movement in Illinois

Customer Question

I was escorting an over dimensional load movement in Illinois on Sat 7/25. The load struck an interstate highway bridge. I was the lead escort using a height pole. The trucking company did not report the incident to the police or the DOT. The driver became accusatory about my work, and I fear they will represent that the accident was my fault. Shoud I 1) report the accident to the authorities? 2) get a lawyer involved before any claim is made? I am a retired person with very few assets.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. You should ask employer for status report and ask if intend on reporting it. If not, you should do so. You should have a lawyer involved before reporting it to ensure you are personally protected. is a good resource. Kindly rate the answer positively.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
awaiting your reply/rating.

Related Employment Law Questions