Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer cancelled my insurance policy without letting me

Customer Question
know, I was going to...
My employer cancelled my insurance policy without letting me know, I was going to ask them for a leave of medical, even thou I have only been there for 6 months, I figure I would get it without pay, they didn't even wait for my request, and send me a letter telling me that even if I request they will have to decline and they cancelled my policy without any notice
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/26/2015
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
n employer may cancel employee benefits without notice unless other terms have been agreed to. Are there employment terms giving you rights to medical benefits for a set amount of time. Alternatively, if your injury is somehow work related, you are entitled to receive benefits through workers compensation. Perhaps consider filing a workers comp claim assuming your injury is work related. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance of your cooperation. Thank you.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time.PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer