How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12249
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My job fired me because I couldn't go back to work how much

Customer Question

My job fired me because I couldn't go back to work how much of a chance do I have if I took my former employer to court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. What are the circumstances of you taking time off of work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had just returned from basic training (army) with an injury and i couldn't get to the doctors because he was away. I told them that
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again. As you probably know, it is illegal to fire a member of the national guard for taking time to attend training, etc. However, it is not illegal for an employer to fire an employee for missing work due to an injury that occurred outside the job, particularly if you are no longer in basic training. Based upon the facts that you shared, it sounds like your chances of winning a lawsuit would not be very good. I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You are quite welcome. I'm sorry that I could not give you better news. I wish you the best.

Related Employment Law Questions