Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Can I be off medical conditio

Customer Question
Can I be laid off...
Can I be laid off medical conditio
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/25/2015
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
No, unless your medical condition is permanent and it prevents you from perfuming the essential functions of your job. If you are laid off due to medical reasons, you may have a lawsuit for disability discrimination as laying a person off due to disability is textbook disability discrimination in violation of federal law. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time.PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer