Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have a question about non-compete agreement in California. I'm working clien

Customer Question

I have a question about non-compete agreement in California.
I'm working for a client in California state - through a vendor company (Infosys Limited). I'm planning to apply for job for the same client as there're better career growth opportunities.
However, would like to know if there'll be any legal issues due to non-compete agreement I have with my previous employer.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I, ____________________ do hereby acknowledge and confirm the following:-(1) I am accepting employment with Infosys Limited ("Infosys"). Now, as per the presents below, Iagree to the following terms herein, and acknowledge that this is a material condition of my employmentwith Infosys Limited.(2) I am required, on behalf of Infosys, to provide services to, or solicit business from, various clients ofInfosys (each such client hereinafter referred to as a "Customer").(3) In consideration of the above, I agree that for a period of six (6) months following thetermination of my employment with Infosys for any reason, I will not:a. accept any offer of employment from any Customer, where I had worked in a professionalcapacity with that Customer in the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the termination of myemployment with Infosys;b. accept any offer of employment from a Named Competitor of Infosys, if my employment with suchNamed Competitor would involve me having to work with a Customer with whom I had worked in thetwelve (12) months immediately preceding the termination of my employment with Infosys.For the purposes of this Non Compete Agreement, "Named Competitor" shall mean the followingentities and their wholly owned subsidiaries:-i. Tata Consultancy Services Limitedii. Accenture Limitediii. International Business Machines Corporationiv. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporationv. Wipro LimitedPlace : Employee Signature :Date : Employee Name
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What will be the worst case scenario if i ignore this clause and join client company ? I read somewhere that NCA doesn't apply in California foe employment - is that true
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, When you signed the noncompete, was it intended that you would be physically located in California during your employment?