Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was with the American Heart Association and my doctor told

Customer Question

I was with the American Heart Association and my doctor told me that I had to have a hysterectomy on February 5, 2015. I returned to work as soon as my doctor released me on March 26, 2015. I was let go on June 10, 2015 with an addition 150 hours of pay in lieu of the notice. Now the American Heart Association has told the SC unemployment office that I was let go because of not meeting expectations, poor performance, etc.. This is not the case.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear that you were let go. If you would be so kind, can you clarify what your question is regarding this situation? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.