How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I HAVE QUESTIONS about caretaking ,.I have a unique

Customer Question

I HAVE QUESTIONS about caretaking ,.I have a unique situation. I live in a home with a fulltime job. the individual I care for is violating my rights. Pay is being with held and I have no say to my wellbeing with health issues or compensation for my services. I also have no stability to where I will live if she dies. I am in need of information of what are my rights in this matter. Please reply by email or call.xxxxxxxxx or by cell xxxxxxxxxx
Thank You xxxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Are you an employee? How much is owed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1000 a month plus I moved her in her house. I have not been payed in 4 months
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was employed to be a live in caretaker. I have to much responsibility and no support outside of home or family hel0 or communication
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The new rules are not agreed on no contract or any other than by word of mouth. I have documentation of my services and have pictures and notes of my care. I'm a licensed caretaker from Pa and was certified by Visiting Angels a reputable company I worked for a year and two other agencies I had to train for and get a background check. I also have a CPR and other certificates in working with different disabilities.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been trying to contact caretakers on the web to get what are my rights as a caretaker are sent to me by mail
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.